Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator has a modular application stack. Though the default installation will install the entire application stack onto one machine, the modular nature of the application stack allows deployments to span multiple locations. This greatly increases scalability and flexibility. Hardware specifications are dependent upon the size of the install, however suggested configurations are available from the Example Cluster Configurations section.
The application stack consists of the following elements, which communicate using web services calls:
- Skyline: The graphical user interface. For more information, see User Interface (Skyline).
- Jade: The User & Admin APIs, business logic & jobs system. The accessibility of this layer allows for easy integration with third party solutions if required. For more information, see Business logic (Jade), and the Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator Developer Guide.
- Tigerlily: The cluster co-ordinator. For more information, see Cluster Co-ordinator (Tigerlily).
- XVPManager: The individual cluster managers. For more information, see Cluster Manager (XVPManager).
- XVPAgent: The agents that run on the compute nodes. For more information, see Node Controller (XVP Agent).